Architect Engineer - Assistant Professor
Architectural Engineer (AUTH), with 2 post graduate certificates in IT and Artificial Intelligence (Ecole d'Architecture de Nancy, France) and Digital Spatial Simulation (Ecole d'Architecture et de Paysage de Bordeaux, France), PhD in Digital Spatial Representations and Architectural simulations (Université de Bordeaux I, France), and Postdoctoral with a scholarship from EU in digital territorial marketing (University of Thessaly, Greece).
Dr Stelios Kouzeleas is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Interior Architecture of the International Hellenic University specializing in digital spatial representations with a strong background in digital design, multimedia, virtual reality and innovative digital IT applications in space.
He is a qualified Architect Engineer from the Architecture School of the Polytechnic School of the Aristote University of Thessaloniki in Greece. He holds an integrated Master Degree in Architecture from the Aristote University of Thessaloniki. He also holds two postgraduate certifications in the field of development of digital spatial design systems, IT applications and artificial intelligence from the Architecture School of Nancy in France and in the field of digital design and spatial simulation of the Architecture School of Bordeaux in France. He holds a Ph.D from the University of Bordeaux 1 (France) in the field of development and application of digital design, simulation, multimedia and IT systems with an Excellent grade (recognition of the National Interdisciplinary Organization for the Recognition of Academic Titles and information-DOATAT). He holds 2 postdoctoral diplomas in the field of digital online multimedia representationsο Πανελλήνιο βραβείο υποτροφίας επιλογής ερευνητή - Ευρωπαϊκού Ταμείου Περιφερειακής Ανάπτυξης) και στον τομέα των ψηφιακών αναπαραστάσεων του εδαφικού μάρκετινγκ (1ο (1st Panhellenic researcher selection scholarship award - European Regional Development Fund of European Union) and in the field of digital representations of territorial marketing (1st Panhellenic researcher selection scholarship award - European Social Fund (ESF) of European Union and the Ministry of Economy and Development of Greece). He has attended 8 annual supplementary studies (seminars) in IT applications, Innovation, Art, Culture, Design / Simulation and Sales.
He has taught (20 years) as a University Professor at undergraduate and postgraduate level in 8 Universities in Greece and France (Ecole d'architecture et de Paysage de Bordeaux, France, Ecole d'architecture de Paris Val de Seine, Paris, Université de Bordeaux I of France, Université de Paris VI of France, Université de Blaise Pascal de Clermont Ferrand of France and in Greece at Aristote University of Thessaloniki, University of Thessaly, International Hellenic University). Teaching is about subjects. Teaching concerns IT development and applications, digital interactivity, methodological development of digital design and spatial simulation systems and models, research and innovation. He has many years of research experience in the respective subjects as his research and scientific work has been published in 37 international scientific journals, conferences, theses, scientific exhibitions with dozens of citations around the world. He has participated in 10 European Research Programs in France and Greece (Louvre modeling & illumination, Bordeaux halls phase 1-2-3, Novagrimed, Lactimed, Transhumance, Horizon, PGS Terra Thessalia, Eco.muse). He is a Scientific reviewer in 2 international scientific journals (Elsevier Editions) while he has been a research and scientific partner in 3 European research centers (CRAI-France, Grecau-Eriac France, Rural Space Laboratory of the University of Thessaly-Greece).
He has been awarded two scholarships for two postdoctoral studies (2 Ph.D.) by the European Regional Development Fund of the European Union as well as from the European Social Fund of the European Union. He has also been awarded with the 1stο Panhellenic researcher selection award in the European research program HORIZON "HNV – High Natural Value" after a national competition by the University of Thessaly (2017). Finally, he has participated as a Business Technical Director in Human Innovation Technologies S.A., (2012-2015) which was honored with an innovation award from the European Union and a grant from the General Secretariat for Research and Technology of Greece.
He has participated in the development, management and implementation of National and European programs in the Educational Training Center “Development of Thessaly” (National Youth Foundation, ESF). He has worked as an Engineer and Senior Consultant in design systems applications, simulation and analysis of technological needs in various design offices in Greece and Abroad (Niveau 3, Marc Benayoun, N. Kaltsas, Freelancer). He has worked as Senior Consultant and 'Chef de projet' in information systems companies (SAP, Syntony, Cadra) (Paris) implementing, coordinating and managing many European projects (Turbomeca, Calcia, Haironville, Metro, Eurovia, Sofedit, Plasticomnium, Stef- Tfe, Sagem, Colgate, etc.) in various European countries (eg, France, Belgium, Greece) (1998-2004) in matters of Pedagogical engineering, Analysis and synthesis of work processes, Needs analysis, Information management, Innovation management and technological strategy, Communication , Business Development, Marketing, promotion of services, etc. He has been Business Development Director at Human Innovation Technologies S.A. (innovation award from European Union), participant in the planning of strategic development and innovation while simultaneously being responsible for planning, sales strategy and promotion of technology and innovation products and services in Greece and mainly in Europe (international presentations, interviews, organization of international exhibitions, B2B with CEO of multinational companies, etc). He has collaborated (Business Development) with a company of development & promotion of innovative technological products and services in the field of, among others, Tourism. He has actively participated as an Expert Consultant (Innovatia systems) in the working group for Smart Specialization (RIS3) in the Cultural-Tourism sector as well as in Creative Tourism of the Thessaly Regional Innovation Council of the Thessaly Region (2014), while at the same time he actively participated in the writing of action plan for smart specialization (RIS3) in the Cultural-Tourist sector on behalf of the Council of the Thessaly Region. He is a specialist consultant and partner of development companies in European programs (Leader, CLLD, Regional European Programs, etc.), in matters of digital promotion of territories, products, materials and intangible resources. He has participated in European Research programs (CRAI, GRECAU, Transumance, Horizon, Interreg, etc.) as well as in the European research program Lactimed (2015-16) as coordinator of promotion, communication, strategic sales planning and marketing of agri-food products and services in Europe.
He has taught at the Master Degree Program "Interventions in existing buildings and urban ensembles" of the Civil Engineer Department of International Hellenic University and at the Master Degree Program “Dyntar” of the Department of Spatial, Urban Planning and Regional Development of the University of Thessaly in collaboration with the Université Blaise-Pascal of Clermont-Ferrand, France, where he resides in the field of digital design and interactive multimedia spatial simulations.
He has also taught at the Master-Dess Degree Program "Environment & Amenities for Architecture & Urban Planning" of the ‘Université de Bordeaux 1’ and the ‘Ecole d' Architecture et de Paysage de Bordeaux’, France, at the Atelier Multimedia in the undergraduate level of the Ecole d' Architecture et de Paysage de Bordeaux and in the Master-Dess Degree Program "Architecture and urban acoustics" of the ‘Ecole d'Architecture de Paris Val de Seine’ and the ‘Université de Paris VI’, France.
Finally, he has also been active as a freelancer for a number of years in Greece and in Europe in the fields of interactive digital design applications, digital spatial design/simulation, interactive websites and E-shops, Architecture/decoration, Business Development and promotion of products and services, as well as Consulting. He is a member of Technical Chamber of Greece and other national and international organizations (ELINA – 2004, eCAADe – 2005), while he speaks French, English and Greek.
- Internship Head for students and President of the Internship committee
- Deputy department representative in the Special Account of Research Funds - ELKE
- Administrator (creator) of the department's website - ia.ihu.gr
- Admin of elearning exams (exams.ia.ihu.gr)
- Book administrator Eudoxus
- Edupass platform administrator of the department
- Member of department assembly
- Member of the contract teachers evaluation committee
- Member of the qualifying examination evaluation committee
The scientific interests of Dr. Stelios Kouzeleas are summarized, among others, in the following:
Ψηφιακές αναπαραστάσεις χώρων και αντικειμένων, Ψηφιακός χωρικός σχεδιασμός και προσομοίωση, Πολυμέσα, Αρχιτεκτονική εσωτερικού & εξωτερικού χώρου, Εφαρμογές συστημάτων σχεδίασης και πολυμεσικής παρουσίασης στην ανάδειξη εδαφικών πόρων, Δημιουργία πολυμεσικών εφαρμογών, Εικονική πολυμεσική χωρική περιήγηση, Ψηφιακές πόλεις, Δημιουργία διαδραστικών πολυμεσικών ιστοσελίδων και διαδικτυακών εργαλείων διαβούλευσης, Ανάπτυξη ψηφιακών διαδικτυακών εφαρμογών, Ψηφιακή αναπαράσταση χωρικών ιδιοτήτων με γεωγραφική αναφορά, Ανάπτυξη κώδικα προγραμματισμού σε περιβάλλον CAD και πολυμέσων, Τεχνητή και επαυξημένη πραγματικότητα (VR – AR), 3Δ χωρική πλοήγηση σε πραγματικό χρόνο, Παιδαγωγική συμβουλευτική. Business development, Επικοινωνία.
Summary of Dr. Stelios Kouselea's research activity:
- 2 Postdoctoral researches with a scholarship (1st award for researcher selection in a National competition)
- 1 Doctoral research (Université de Bordeaux I France)
- 20 years University Professor in 8 University institutions (Ecole d'architecture et de Paysage de Bordeaux France, Ecole d'architecture de Paris Val de Seine Paris France, Université de Bordeaux I France, Université de Paris VI France, Université de Blaise Pascal de Clermont Ferrand in France and in Greece at the Aristote University of Thessaloniki, University of Thessaly, International Hellenic University).
- 4 Master's Degrees as a University Professor (2 France, 2 Greece)
- 29 years Researcher
- 3 research centers
- 37 publications (of which 11 publications in international scientific journals)
- 10 research programs (Louvre modeling & illumination, Bordeaux halls phase 1-2-3, Novagrimed, Lactimed, Transhumance, Horizon, PGS Terra Thessalia, Eco.muse)
- 2 international scientific journals (Elsevier) reviewer,
- 40 citations (All) – ResearchGate
- 28 citations – Google Scholar - h-index 3
- 18 Scientific lectures as an invited speaker
Research papers: Research-ResearchGate
- Honorary scholarship award for postdoctoral studies (1 year) from the European Regional Development Fund of the EU. Firstηplace in a National competition for participation in a European Program, Special Research Funds Account - University of Thessaly, 2022-23
- Honorary scholarship award for postdoctoral studies (2 years) from the European Social Fund (ESF) of the EU. – National competition, Ministry of Economy & Development Greece - 2018-2020.
- First choice of researcher in the European research program HORIZON "HNV – High Natural Value" after a National competition of the University of Thessaly, 2017.
- EU Innovation Award and grant from the National General Secretariat of Research and Technology as Technical Director of work development - Human Innovation Technologies S.A, 2012-2015.
- Chair of the "Environmental Acoustics" session of the National Scientific Conference "Acoustics 2008", Xanthi School of Architecture, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
ΑΝΑΚΟΙΝΩΣΗ Δήλωση και εξέταση μαθήματος ΕΑΔΣΑ “Σχεδιασμός Εσωτερικών Χώρων με…
Archive of announcements
Indicative Portfolio of projects